Thursday, May 26, 2016

Gratitude - Day 6

I'm on Day 6 of Winning the Game of Money.  As I listened to the audio this morning, the thing that stuck out to me was hearing John Assaraf say, "Be grateful for the other people in your life who are leading you to the right financial opportunities."  This morning, I am grateful for people leading me away from some of the opportunities that I found this week.

Yesterday, I went to explore a financial opportunity that wasn't quite a good fit for me.  I went to LearningRx to inquire about a brain trainer position.  I've done tutoring before.  I love LearningRx's approach to learning.  They focus on strengthening the executive function of students so that their content mastery is easier.  While I was there, they gave us an exercise.  I was extremely slow on the task.  My auditory memory was getting a little confused by it.  While I rarely notice my slowed processing speed in the tasks that I do on a daily basis, challenging my mind yesterday was eye opening.  I was twice as slow as the other two people there and I didn't complete the task.  I realized that sharpening my mind is something that I should prioritize.  I'm grateful that neurogym is having me work to improve my mind so that I will see more success in my life.  I decided that I may utilize LearningRx's services and perhaps do some Lumosity brain exercises.

It feels a little odd to be grateful for an opportunity not working out for me.  I'm not going to increase my cash flow from this opportunity, but it opens me up to other opportunities that may be more financially beneficial.

I'm grateful that I could easily and quickly discover financial opportunities that fit my needs through Craigslist.  I'm grateful that some of them didn't work out, so I didn't have to put energy into too many different things.  I'm grateful for Barbara at Fairfax High School, who always says positive things to me each morning and offered to be a reference for me for job applications.  I'm grateful for bus drivers, uber drivers and friends and family who are willing to help me get to my job interviews and work sites.

I'm almost to the end of week 1 - Finding Financial Opportunities in Winning the Game of Money.  Here's what I have accomplished:

  • Acquired a work from home appointment setter job
  • Discovered a need to improve executive functioning skills
  • Started the Autoimmune Paleo Diet (to eliminate seizures, alopecia and allergies)
  • Started this blog and got an affiliate link to promote 

No comments:

Post a Comment